Friday, August 07, 2015

One more week 'till we get home

The reality that our epic family trip is almost over is beginning to sink in. I'm getting emails that require me to respond to schedule meetings and emails from students that want to get into my class. I've had to make a late payment on a card and email them to try to waive the late fee.

I suppose I would love to travel on and on forever, but it's kind of comforting to think of going back home and living our routine lives again before our next trip comes up! (but only because there will be a next trip, sigh... I live for trips ;-)

We've been having a marvelous time here in Europe and I can't wait to post more photos, but until tonight, I had had very spotty internet access. Three different hotels we stayed at in Switzerland and Germany required we get a code via text (SMS) message in order to get online, but we CANNOT get text messages at all in our phones here. (note to self: never ever travel again without having a prepaid cell phone or plan in another country!!!)

Since I last posted we spent time in Geneva at a friend's house (where I was born, first time my parents came back in 43 years, very meaningful, special, emotional and thrilling), then visiting a friend in Frankfurt, visiting the Rhine (Rhein) River, my sons' dream: Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, Berlin (an exhausting whirlwind, but GREAT, one day visit), Luther sites and tomorrow, Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Then we'll stay for six days at an aunt's house in Switzerland and do day trips with her. 

I have to go have breakfast now (first an only hotel with breakfast in this week of hotels)! But we'll have internet until we get home now. yay!

No comments: